JPA Competitions Entry 2021 entry form
Click on NEWS in the blue header/footer section to see our latest NEWSLETTER Button and the 100 CLUB WINNERS
JERSEY PETANQUE ASSOCIATION
EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
19th October 2021 - 7.30 pm
At the Assembly Rooms, Town Hall, St. Helier
In accordance with Section 5 of the JPA Constitution, I hereby advise that an Extraordinary General Meeting is called for the date and time above, to consider and vote upon the following nominations:
Chairman David Ibitson, nominated by Steve Foster, seconded by Derek Hart
Treasurer Gill Fowler, nominated by Steve Harvey, seconded by Steve Foster
Publicity Officer Mike Fennell, nominated by Joy Hart, seconded by Steve Foster
For and on behalf of the Jersey Pétanque Association Management Committee:
S C Foster
13th September 2021
Posh Lunchtime Business League - winter and summer
Inter Parish Pétanque League
JPA Winter and Summer League
Because the Pétanque leagues are played outside, physical contact is minimal or non-existent and the sport is of low intensity the JPA Committee has decided that all League matches can be resumed with effect from the end of July.
It is, however, important that all players participating in League matches adhere strictly to the guidelines and conditions set out below. The risk of contracting Covid 19 is very low but it is not zero.
Covid 19 Rules and Conditions
* All players to observe the social distancing of 1 metre from other players who are not members of their household.
* To avoid handling and possible cross contamination all circles should be drawn (No prefabricated rings to be used). – Reminder - circles should be no larger than 50cm and no smaller than 35cm.
* Each player should use their own cochonnet when it is their teams turn to throw the jack.
* Boule should not be picked up by anyone other than their owner.
* Contact details should be kept of all participants by the home team captains.
* There should be no hospitality.
* Frequent sanitising of equipment and hands should be carried out during the match.
* No handshaking or kissing before or after a match.
* Equipment used (boule, cochonnet etc. should be sanitised after the match.
* A face covering can be worn if people want extra protection.
If these guidelines and conditions are followed by all players there is no reason why League matches can not be played safely by JPA members.
They are based on the latest medical advice and correspond with the Jersey Sport guidance for moving to Level I.
The risk posed by Covid 19 is greatly reduced in the Island and by following these guidelines you will be supporting the Government of Jersey in fighting the Coronavirus pandemic.
If you have any concerns or questions please contact me or a member of the Committee.
Keep well and play safely.
Derek Hart, Chairman Jersey Pétanque Association
The VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE
Last month (August) our website had
only 1008 visits, as little is happening.
No longer giving breakdown of % of visits
Thank you for the interest shown in the JPA, we hope you liked our website,
The Jersey Petanque Association is the Governing Body of the sport of petanque in the island of Jersey. This website aims to be a source of information for island players, clubs and visitors as well as media outlets and other interested parties.