Click on NEWS in the blue header/footer section to see our latest NEWSLETTER Button and the 100 CLUB WINNERS
JERSEY PETANQUE ASSOCIATION
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Monday 17th January 2022
At St. Mary's Parish Hall
As per the attached official notice, the 2022 AGM of the JPA will be held on Monday 17th January at St Mary's Parish Hall, starting promptly at 7.30pm. Immediately after the AGM, the presentations of the Winter & Summer League and Knockout Cup trophies & medals will be made, so we hope as many members as possible will attend.
Thanks & regards,
Secretary, Jersey Pétanque Association
Posh Lunchtime Business League - winter and summer
Inter Parish Pétanque League
JPA Winter and Summer League
Because the Pétanque leagues are played outside, physical contact is minimal or non-existent and the sport is of low intensity the JPA Committee has decided that all League matches can be resumed with effect from the end of July.
It is, however, important that all players participating in League matches adhere strictly to the guidelines and conditions set out below. The risk of contracting Covid 19 is very low but it is not zero.
Covid 19 Rules and Conditions
* All players to observe the social distancing of 1 metre from other players who are not members of their household.
* To avoid handling and possible cross contamination all circles should be drawn (No prefabricated rings to be used). – Reminder - circles should be no larger than 50cm and no smaller than 35cm.
* Each player should use their own cochonnet when it is their teams turn to throw the jack.
* Boule should not be picked up by anyone other than their owner.
* Contact details should be kept of all participants by the home team captains.
* There should be no hospitality.
* Frequent sanitising of equipment and hands should be carried out during the match.
* No handshaking or kissing before or after a match.
* Equipment used (boule, cochonnet etc. should be sanitised after the match.
* A face covering can be worn if people want extra protection.
If these guidelines and conditions are followed by all players there is no reason why League matches can not be played safely by JPA members.
They are based on the latest medical advice and correspond with the Jersey Sport guidance for moving to Level I.
The risk posed by Covid 19 is greatly reduced in the Island and by following these guidelines you will be supporting the Government of Jersey in fighting the Coronavirus pandemic.
If you have any concerns or questions please contact me or a member of the Committee.
Keep well and play safely.
Derek Hart, Chairman Jersey Pétanque Association
The VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE
Last month (December) our website had only
436 visits, as little is happening.
No longer giving breakdown of % of visits
Thank you for the interest shown in the JPA, we hope you liked our website,
The Jersey Petanque Association is the Governing Body of the sport of petanque in the island of Jersey. This website aims to be a source of information for island players, clubs and visitors as well as media outlets and other interested parties.